Access the Latest Updates to Real Estate Forms and Manuals
Here you’ll find the most recent updates to Florida Realtors forms/contracts, along with business manuals and business manuals.
Recent form updates
Updated August 20, 2019
Florida Realtors updated several forms and added a new addendum for use with the Vacant Land Contract. Changes scheduled for release on Aug. 20, 2019, include:
- Vacant Land Contract (VAC-12) – This contract had several changes, including the addition of Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) language and municipal lien and estoppel fee(s) costs allocation.
Additionally, a new addendum, “Back-Up Contract,” was created for use with the VAC. As a result of creating a Back-Up Contract addendum for the VAC, a new section was included in the contract for Addenda, which includes the “Back-Up Contract” addendum and “Other” as options.
- Seller’s Property Disclosure – Residential – Two sections were updated with additional questions. One section’s update asks about any defects to the water systems, septic system, drain fields or wells. Another section asks whether the property is subject to any Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) assessment.
- Extension Addendum – This form was clarified to refer to the “effective date” of a contract instead of a “contract dated” date, as the contract could have been dated by the parties on different dates. Additionally, the contract names were corrected/updated as some terms within the contracts have changed (i.e., loan commitment was changed to loan approval).
- Contract for Residential Sale and Purchase (CRSP), Addendum L – This addendum for the CRSP contract was updated to clarify that, in the event the buyer timely terminates, the deposit is to be returned to the buyer.
Updated June 14, 2019
The following forms changes were approved by the Leadership Team and scheduled for release on June 14, 2019, in Form Simplicity as well as through Florida Realtors’ licensed vendors. Here is a summary of what was changed/added:
Miami-Dade County revised its county code on seller disclosure of special taxing districts. As such, the following changes/updates are being made for residential and vacant land contracts:
- Changes to the FloridaRealtors/FloridaBar Contracts include an additional checkbox in Paragraph 19: Addenda, labeled “CC. Miami-Dade County Special Taxing District Disclosure,” the revised contracts will reflect a 6/19 revision date and be marked as the FloridaRealtors/FloridaBar-5x, ASIS-5x and the comprehensive riders will be labeled a CR-5x, replacing the current 5 versions.
- Miami-Dade County Special Taxing District Addendum – this addendum is for use with either the CRSP or Vacant Land contract “
March 18, 2019
The following forms changes were approved by the Leadership Team and scheduled for release on March 19, 2019, in Form Simplicity as well as through Florida Realtors’ licensed vendors. Here is a summary of what was changed/added:
- Wire Fraud Prevention Notice (WFPN-2)
This form was amended to include another signature line for a buyer or seller receiving the notice.
- Lead-based Paint Warning Statement for Rental Housing (LBPR-2)
This form was updated to mirror the Department of Environmental Protection’s sample disclosure form language and format; in addition, the Lead-based Paint Warning (LBPS-2x) designed to go with the residential sales contracts has been archived as those contracts have a corresponding addendum/rider to provide the required disclosure regarding lead-based paint.
- Extension to Exclusive Property Management Agreement (EEPM-1)
This is a new form. It allows the Florida Realtors Exclusive Property Management Agreement to be extended by the parties and gives optional timeframes for the extension.
- Release and Cancellation of Contract (RC-4)
Updates to this form include a space for the parties’ names to be printed (instead of just having a signature line), as well as using the Effective Date of the contract to identify the contract being canceled (instead of when the respective parties signed it). In addition to the slight name change of the form, boxes have been added to indicate which type of contract is being canceled.
July 10, 2018
The following form changes were approved by the Leadership Team and are scheduled to be released on July 10, 2018, in Form Simplicity as well as through Florida Realtors' licensed vendors. Here is a breakdown of what was changed/added:
- Contract to Lease - paragraph 12, regarding renewal commission, was removed.
- Form Notice and Disclosure – this form was created for optional use by agents in the event that the contract form being used in the transaction is one the agent does not use in the regular course of business, i.e. a party's attorney has drafted it or the form is coming from a REO lender. It provides that the party may want to seek appropriate legal, tax or other professional advice before moving forward in the transaction.
- Exclusive Right to Lease – this form was modified in section 2(c), which deals with the current occupancy of the property and specifies whether it is a tenant or the landlord and, if tenant occupied, when the lease ends.
Feb. 14, 2018
The following changes were approved at the January 2018 Mid-Winter meetings and released on February 20, 2018, in Form Simplicity as well as through Florida Realtors' licensed vendors. Here is a breakdown of what changed:
1. Exclusive Property Management Agreement form
Email was added as an option for returning a copy of the agreement to the customer.
“Home phone" was changed to "telephone" to allow any contact phone to be entered in that spot.
2. Contract for Residential Sale and Purchase (CRSP) Addendum I, FIRPTA
Now incorporates similar language from the Florida Realtors/Florida Bar (FAR/BAR) contracts.
3. Contract for Residential Sale and Purchase (CRSP) Addendum L, Inspections
Reverted back to previous language to allow the buyer the option to either cancel or obligate the seller to make repairs per the contract.
4. Community Development District (CDD) Addendum
Added introductory language about when the form is to be used in a transaction.
Signature line was moved from bottom to right below disclosure statement, the disclosure itself was put in all caps.
Manuals and resources
- Florida Realtors Contract for Residential Sale and Purchase (CRSP-15) Preparation Manual - Released Feb. 2018 (PDF)
- Exclusive Right of Sale Listing Agreement Preparation Manual - Updated Feb. 2018 (PDF)
- Florida Realtors Forms Names and Descriptions - Updated June 14, 2019
- The Florida Realtors/Florida Bar Contract Preparation Manuals can be ordered from Attorneys’ Title Fund Services for $30. To order, please call 407-240-3863.